Sunday, March 6, 2016

A Letter to the Governor







Dear Governor John Bel Edwards,



        My apologizes for disturbing you governor, for I understand your duties obligations. My name my good governor is Brock Leon Brooks the third. I am a teacher in the small parish of Jefferson, Louisiana. I have been teaching at the school of T. Joseph  for almost a decade now. I have came to actually enjoy teaching the students here. I am originally from the city of phoenix in Arizona. Though I have been in Louisiana for about fifteen years now. Since I have been here I have grown into a habit of spending my spare time at the Rainbow Club.

The Rainbow Club is actually where I met Jefferson. My first impressions of Jefferson were unpleasant. He was extremely inebriate which led me to believe he  was a despicable person. Some how or another through I ended up helping him home. Where I met  Miss. Emma who was undoubtedly worried about him. So I left him in her care. The next day I met him again, except this time Jefferson was sober. He apologized for his negligent behavior and we talked for a while. After a weeks past of talking to him, I befriended him. Though I took my leave for a few days to visit my kin in the northwest.

Now  I have comeback and I have heard this in my absence. I ask of you to please consider not executing Jefferson. He is a extremely kind and respectful person. I do not even believe he is guilty of the crime that he has been convicted of. For the love of the God he was not even given a fair trial. He was sent up to face a dreadfully chosen jury. Those who had already made their verdict before he faced them. So I ask of you if you can find it in your heart to see it through as a man of honor and a person of dignity. Please pardon Jefferson from meeting an unfair demise.



Sincerely,

Brock Leon Brooks III

2 comments: